A Short List of Things That Make Me Mad
There are many petty things in this world that drive me up a wall. Here are some of them:
- Cold coffee or tea. Why can’t it just stay perpetually hot?
- Clogged fountain pens. My love of fine nibbed pens does not mesh with my love of shimmery inks most of the time.
- The pop machine being broken or out of what I want at the Wawa.
- Napping. I used to like naps, but I’m mad about how many that I’m needing right now.
- Not being able to read as fast or as focused as I used to unless it’s competence porn (Victoria Goddard, I am looking at you) or disaster queers (Freya Marske, I have eyes on you as well).
- Forgetting the word I want to use.
- Making dumb coding mistakes like constantly forgetting to run
npm spriteswhen I’m putting together a content deploy for work and then wondering why none of the images are showing up.
- Having to learn (re-learn?) how to regulate my emotions because after years of therapy I can’t just pretend like they’re not happening anymore.
- People who use accessible parking when they don’t have a placard (ok, this is a mad-MAD one)